Saturday, April 16, 2011

unbelievable.

unbelievable.
that word could mean so many different things. "that concert was unbelievable!"  "can you believe what he/she did? unbelievable!" "that was the most unbelievable food i have ever tasted!"
today i am leaning to say something like, "God, i'm sorry, but what you have promised to me just sounds unbelievable." i don't have a lot of faith that He's going to deliver today.
there i said it.
then i remember, oh yeah, all of my issues, dreams, posessions, situations, events...they're all fleeting, earthly.
they don't matter.
i know what you're thinking, "how is this girl going to tell me my situation doesn't matter."
i'm not. i don't know what you're going through, but i do know that you're going through something. we are always tested and tried. as children of Christ, He increases our faith until we say, "wow, God, i had NO idea you could deliver something so unbelievable."
the trials are worth it to show us that the only thing that does matter is Christ and Him crucified. 

lately i have felt like habakkuk, the Biblical prophet, and i are brother and sister. i get you dude. i'm exactly where you are in my own little way...(minus the world wars and national problems.)

but i understand your need for justice to a people who is running away from God and towards something that is worldly. the need for justice of saying, "God, where in the world are you with MY blessings? where are you to deliver ME?"
how long, Lord, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you "violence!" but you do not save? Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrongdoing? Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds. Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is preverted.

summarized: "what the heck God?"
have you said that one before....i have...

God has an answer for Habakkuk and us, though:
"hey kids!-"
"look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. for I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." 
"something habakkuk, something natalie, will happen. something will happen that will be completely unbelievable to you. a blessing, a life, that you will relish, because its from me, it has eternal weight, it will be glorious, because the God of glory will make it. but i'm going to do it. just wait on me, child. wait for it. its coming."
i believe this. i believe one day i will be astounded with where God is taking me. its His promise.
i can count on the fact that HE will bring people to righteousness in His justice. i can count on him to completely blow my mind with what he has in store for me. i know that though today may carry strife and conflict, tomorrow could abound in unbelievability.

nat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a sister, a daughter, a student, an aspiring museum exhibit developer, an Auntie Nattles to two precious babes, and a Nanny Nats to others. Above all, I am a Christ-follower. A sister, a friend, a lover, a possession, a daughter, and a woman, redeemed and accepted by the gracious and forever love of Christ. The purpose of this blog is to illustrate the latter and paint a picture for you and I to recognize and enjoy the mysterious, glorious, and timely wonders of the Lord among you all. Then Joshua said to the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you." Joshua 3:5

Blog Archive