Monday, May 30, 2011

go-to move

do you have a bag-of-tricks? something to lift your spirits, when you feel blue, green, or whatever color other than the the sunshiney, giddy, yellow that we so much desire to be in every moment of every day.
when i struggle with 'not-enough' syndrome, i go to ephesians 1. its my spiritual go-to move, or my bag of tricks.
something to remind me when i'm tempted to believe the lies of Satan and of myself, and forget who God thinks i am. 
i'm not going to quote the entire chapter, but you can read it here. instead i'm going to show you what God thinks of His children. not everything He thinks of them, but 11 verses i have held on to when i've had the not-good-enoughs.
ok.
here we go.
Ephesians 1:3-14 tells me that in Christ I am-- blessed, complete, chosen, holy, blameless, loved, predestined to Himself, adopted, daughter, treated kindly, given grace, redeemed, forgiven, grace-lavished, an inheritor, given a gift, in Him, sealed and secure with Him, God's own possession.

all of that, and that's only 11 verses in the entire Bible. 
take that you plague of self-worth. my bag of tricks, my go-to move trumps any and all the blues you can hand me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a sister, a daughter, a student, an aspiring museum exhibit developer, an Auntie Nattles to two precious babes, and a Nanny Nats to others. Above all, I am a Christ-follower. A sister, a friend, a lover, a possession, a daughter, and a woman, redeemed and accepted by the gracious and forever love of Christ. The purpose of this blog is to illustrate the latter and paint a picture for you and I to recognize and enjoy the mysterious, glorious, and timely wonders of the Lord among you all. Then Joshua said to the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you." Joshua 3:5

Blog Archive