Saturday, April 23, 2011

timely.

okay okay,
so i've gone into professional mode with the shell collecting. but this time, i have a super cool reason to blog about it.
last week, at the beach, i found my very first sharks tooth, ever, in my entire life, like ever!
and a sand dollar.
how many times do you fine a whole sand dollar?
they're something special. please don't be jealous. if it makes you feel better, you can come over and hold it anytime you like. unless i don't know you, then that would be creepy.
did you know that sand dollars are really blackish/greenish? and not white? its true, look it up on wikipedia. they get white b/c of the sun.
every professor would fail me if i told them to do that, "we turn our noses up at wikipedia"
the truth is they love it. they use it. i know they do. they have to.
but last saturday i had some kinda day.  i don't take bad days well, and its hard for me to recover from them easily. needless to say, i needed some serious encouragement.
anxiety was at a low rating, but still there. i'm learning to deal, and it gets better each time it creeps up.
i remember thinking to myself, i could really use someone just sending me a sweet note. i haven't gotten one of those in a while, and i miss my notes i used to get from my favorite friend-asian, Shion when we lived in college together.
this one reads-morning orange is food for your health and makes you MORE beautiful. love you! enjoy your orange.
oh i just love that asian.
well anyways, back to sunday, lo and behold. God just done and did that. sunday-He spoke through shells. He gave me a "morning orange" message through shells. something totally simple, yet appreciated.
i know, it sounds corny, but i prayed that i could find some good ones, its therapeutic for me to shell hunt, and i hadn't found any on my first walk down the beach. i went for 45 minutes, nothing of great consequence.
i tried again, finding not only a sand dollar and sharks tooth, but other beauties as well. they were eeeeuuugggeee. ('huge'-the way we all say it).
one of my friends even commented on all the precious loot i was getting. i really could only point to God. He knew i needed those shells at that moment. i had truly a bad day the day before, and God reached down and gave me a little note of encouragement, a little "morning orange" message, like a "hey kid-you're doing the right thing. relax. its all over."
i got home today to a real life letter, from a woman who i hold dear to my heart.
i could only praise the Lord for such a timely letter. she didn't have to write me back, she didn't have to say the nice things she did. but she did. and God brought it when i needed it most.
thanks, Jesus. 
and happy easter everybody.
coincidence? i don't think so guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a sister, a daughter, a student, an aspiring museum exhibit developer, an Auntie Nattles to two precious babes, and a Nanny Nats to others. Above all, I am a Christ-follower. A sister, a friend, a lover, a possession, a daughter, and a woman, redeemed and accepted by the gracious and forever love of Christ. The purpose of this blog is to illustrate the latter and paint a picture for you and I to recognize and enjoy the mysterious, glorious, and timely wonders of the Lord among you all. Then Joshua said to the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you." Joshua 3:5

Blog Archive