Sunday, July 17, 2011

home office.

my home office needed some little love
and what i mean by my home office, i mean this.

my printer nook and important papers basket, and a trashcan. don't judge me, i'm a college kid.
you see, i had this awesomely precious chair from my grandmothers that was falling apart, and since it held my printer, it needed a little bit of a fixing.




luckily my sister opened me up to the possibility of weaving a new chair seat, made of fabric.
and it turned out GREAT!
i made this the other night while watching jane eyre.

1. that is the weirdest movie i have ever seen.
2. that was a fun project, i'd totally do it again.
3. it was FREE!
you can see the remnants of the sheets. and the long second toe. i figured it's about time you knew about it.



which is the best thing about all of it. My roomate didn't want her queen sized aqua/bluish sheets, and i didn't want to spend any money on this project.
sure it got a little bit messy, and it really did take longer than i thought it would.


but in the end, it fits right in with my room.

simple and cute.


well hello there chair.
home office do-over.
well maybe home office chair do-over.
and it's sturdy!

step one: cut sheet or other fabric into LONG pieces.
step two: tie around tightly over and over again one way. scrunch together and put knots on the bottom side.
step three: beginning from the back, weave in and out perpendicular to the other pieces of fabric.
step four: put those knots on the bottom as well.
step five: cut off remainder, making sure not to cut too short. add for a little of future stretching.
step six: be awesome.
step seven: give your self a pat on the back. you just weaved a chair seat! cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a sister, a daughter, a student, an aspiring museum exhibit developer, an Auntie Nattles to two precious babes, and a Nanny Nats to others. Above all, I am a Christ-follower. A sister, a friend, a lover, a possession, a daughter, and a woman, redeemed and accepted by the gracious and forever love of Christ. The purpose of this blog is to illustrate the latter and paint a picture for you and I to recognize and enjoy the mysterious, glorious, and timely wonders of the Lord among you all. Then Joshua said to the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you." Joshua 3:5

Blog Archive